Scripture Reading: For God So Loved the World
I’m going to read a series of statements and if you can relate to or identify with any one of these statements just raise your hand.
- I can’t wait for the gloom of late winter to be over.
- I’m ready to be outside without a jacket.
- I’m so ready for fun outdoor warm weather activities.
- I’m ready to settle my expanding backside into the lazy conversations and busy weekends of spring and summer.
- I’m ready for sunshine planting and watching things bloom.
- I feel like a plant reaching for a window.
Isn’t that a great image of how most of us feel this time of year, stretching for the light? My hunch is that many of us are suffering from a vitamin D deficiency by now too because of the lack of exposure to the Sun. We feel like plants reaching for the window because we are people of the light like plants.